The Sirui BEAST
- Heavy Duty Professional Tripod
- The Ultimate Long Exposure Tripod
- Min Height 115mm - Max Height 1780mm
- Folded size - 610mm
- 10 Layer Carbon Fiber legs
- Fluid Head
- Leveling Bowl
- 3134 grams
- Valued at $1266
Must be used with a camera L bracket
The Ultimate Heavy Duty Long Exposure Tripod
I shoot lots of Long Exposure images, for these your tripod needs to be rock solid, I currently use a Sirui W2204 set of legs with a Sunwayfoto GH Proii geared head. And don't get me wrong this has served me very well indeed, that combo is a perfect set up for Seascape and Landscape photography.
The Beast is one step up from this, I wanted something rock solid without it being ridiculously big and heavy.
Here is a list of what I wanted:
I went straight to Sirui's Professional Range and started sourcing components that would work together. After some trial and error I ended up with these four components to make the Beast:
Sirui R3213X Carbon Fiber Legs
Sirui RX75B Leveling Base
Sirui VH-10X Fluid Head
Sirui MP20 Clamp
NB - Must be used with an L bracket on your camera (click here for L brackets)
The Beast, supporting 4.7kg camera/lens combo
The RX series tripods are the largest of the SIRUI tripods. With their high load of up to 25kg.
The special feature of the RX series is its removable mounting plate. It can be replaced with the 75mm half ball adapter which then takes the Leveling Bowl set.
The leg tubes are made from 10-layer carbon fibre, making the tripod extremely lightweight but very stable. Depending on the surface, the non-slip rubber feet can be replaced with robust stainless steel spikes (included).
– 10-layer carbon fibre in 3 sections
– Included carbon fibre centre column (not used for this application)
– 3/8 inch screw for tripod heads, camera or camcorder
– Built-in spirit level in the tripod shoulder
– Smooth twist locks – a quarter turn is enough to loosen the section
– Covers for secure grip in hot and cold conditions
– Weight: 1.8kg
– Max. load: 22kg
– Height: 115mm – 1780mm
– Closed size: 61cm
– Tube diameter: 25.8 – 33mm
1x SIRUI R-3213X tripod carbon fibre
1x Carbon Center column
1x RX-75A 75mm half ball adapter
3x Stainless steel spikes
1x Transport bag with strap
VH-10X Fluid Head
Normally used for Video, this head is a perfect match to the legs and allows it to be operated similar to a geared head.
The Leveling base is used to level our camera, then we have two movements on the head that are independent to each other. Panning is available and set to 4 different levels of control and our tilt is counterbalanced and has a range of 180 degrees.
Best to watch the video to see how all the movements work, I'm a big fan of geared heads and this set up replicates that.
The load capacity is only 4kg for this head. BUT this is to do with its use as a video head and how it pans, also to match the amount of counterbalance. Believe me this head is solid and I can't imagine a DSLR or Medium format camera that would be too big
– Counterbalanced weight: 2kg
– Dimensions: 365 x 145 x 130mm
Spirit levels are located on the top and bottom for precise alignment.
– Three stage friction control for panning, plus a 0 position with no friction
– 360° panorama panning, stepless turnable
– Sophisticated fluid damping system allows vibration-free use
– Safety Lock System – prevents the plate from accidentally slipping
– Two spirit levels
– Rubber covered handle, adjustable length from 30 to 47cm
– Rubber covered handle can be mounted on the left or right side
– Sliding release plate (90mm) with 1/4″ and 3/8″ thread
– Tripod connection: 3/8″ thread
– Quick release plate BP-90: 1/4″ + 3/8″ thread | Dimensions: 90 x 41mm